Our application process is competitive, and spaces on each year’s team are limited. We recommend applying in the earliest cycle you can. Applicants not selected in their initial application cycle may still secure a place on our staff team, as applications are cumulatively re-reviewed in each cycle along with new applications received by that time.
Application Cycles are as follows:
Should spaces remain following the conclusion of Cycle 4, applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Steps In The Staff Application Process
2. Once we receive your application, our hiring team will review it and offer an interview slot to promising candidates via email. You will be able to choose your interview time using the signup.com app - specific directions to select your date and time will be in the email. Interviews are conducted over Skype.
3. While you are preparing for your interview, we will ask you to log back in to your staff account (don't worry, we can help if you don't remember making one during the application process) and complete one more section of the staff application. Additionally, we will ask you to submit your reference
contact details, if you have not already done so.
3. Once you have accepted an interview slot, and at the latest immediately after your interview is complete, your references
will be contacted via email and asked to complete a brief online reference form. Then, we follow up with your referrers by phone. It is essential that we have your references in on time and that they return the online form to us in a timely manner - ideally within 48-72 hours. Should we not be able to contact your references (with your assistance), we will automatically roll your application into the next cycle as we wait for them to arrive.
4. We will make job offers by email during the offer window for your cycle. If you receive an email, we ask that you call into the office at your earliest convenience so we can confirm everything and chat with you about the details of joining the team.
5. You are kindly asked to accept (yay!) or decline your offer no later than the final day of your cycle window. We cannot hold offered jobs beyond that date. If you need additional time, you may speak with our hiring team about continuing your process to the next cycle, but there is no guarantee that the same position, or any position, will still be available at that time.
5. If you accept a role on the team (which of course we hope you will!), we will send you out more information and a few other forms - some which allow us to complete our first round of background checks, and others to collect info so you can get paid! Then you can get excited about the amazing journey ahead - and all the lives that you will help to change!
6. Then, in June, you join us at camp & make a difference!
In the application form, we request that you provide contact details for three professional references and one personal reference. These individuals will not be contacted prior to your accepting an interview slot with our hiring team.
During the interview window for your hiring cycle, we will contact your references via email and ask them to complete an electronic reference form within 48-72 hours. Once we receive those forms, we will follow up with a phone call to complete the reference check.
It is courtesy to let your references know that we'll be getting in touch. Please help us facilitate your hiring timeline by letting your references know how important it is for them to get back to us once they are contacted!
About the Interview Process
All interviews are completed over Skype. During the interview, we will ask you a number of questions about your work experience, your general interests, and how you could foresee yourself handling a few circumstances that might occur at camp.
The interview is not designed to explain the basics of working at camp, so we recommend reviewing both the information on the website and the "preparing for your interview" informaiton we will email you. The interview is, however, designed to answer questions you may have, so we also recommend that you think about and create a list prior to the appointment. You should expect the interview to last anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
Click the PDF's below to read interview tips from some prior staff and hiring team members!
An Insight into Getting Hired
with Mark Prendergast
A Chat about Staff Hiring
with Michelle Cyr